Wednesday 15 May 2013

goodnight!!!!!!

     Tonight, I retype a passage from The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne (page 93).

    At the end of the day, before you go to sleep, go back through the events of the day. Any events or moments that were not what you wanted, replay them in your mind the way you wanted them to go.

    I am in bed as I type, so let us recap an event from my day. A while back, I received my son's social insurance card, yes readers, I need him to start working very soon! His name was misspelled. "Geroge" instead of "George". Beautiful!!!! So I ventured off to "Service Du Canada" after calling them, and asking them what paperwork I needed to have on hand. After catching every red light, my 12 minute trip took about 24 minutes. I get there only for them to tell me that I am missing some documentation! Lovely!!!! Drove off, with a smile on my face, NOT! I must go through this once again! I also gave myself a headache, from all the thoughts that went through my mind.

   So, let us replay it the way I wished for things to happen... I receive his social insurance card with his name spelled correctly. This, readers ,will happen when I take a 12 minute trip to "Service Du Canada" with the proper documentation. And, on the drive back, I will find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! This is how I will envision my day!

    As much as I enjoy reading this book, which still lies on the hamper in my bathroom, I sometimes want to throw it out the window! Today was one of those days! lol! But, at the end of it, you put it behind you and thank god for everything he has given you! Watching my baby stand on his own two feet while clapping was priceless today!
 
   All this to say that sometimes when things don't go exactly as planned, we can sit back and put ourselves in a positive state of mind by fantasizing of the outcome that we would have really wanted. Maybe Rhonda is onto something. Maybe if we recap our day, we will realize that we could of done things differently. Or maybe not. Maybe we will realize that our day wasn't so bad after all.  All I know is that imagining that your day went perfectly is far more fun than dwelling on the crappy day you think you had. I'm off to dreamland!
  

                                                          Thanks for reading, goodnight xoxo!
                               

 
   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment